According to Celsius, there should be no impediment for those who deposited funds in the escrow a financial instrument where assets or cash are held by a third party while a buyer and a seller complete a deal. accounts to access their capital, as these assets were not used to generate dividends like those destined to other programs of the platform.
- Celsius will refund USD $50 million to certain platform a place to buy, sell and store cryptocurrency users
- These are those people who had funds in the custodial custodial cryptocurrency businesses are the ones that are in possession of their customers’ funds for the duration of the use of their services. care program. Celsius
- Funds in escrow accounts were not used to generate dividends
- Celsius owes $4.3 billion to users of its profit and loan programs
The cryptocurrency-based financial services platform that recently filed for bankruptcy, Celsius Network, reported today in a court filing that they would begin to return funds to some of the people affected by the events that led to the cessation of operations.
Celsius will refund $50 million to certain users
In this regard, the company’s representatives informed that they wanted to release about USD $50 million in digital digital technologies are these electronic tools that have the ability to generate, store or even process data. assets belonging to their clients. These funds were housed in the escrow program, i.e. in cold storage wallets that did not generate returns.
In the presentation, Celsius alleged that the clients of this program owned their assets, and alleged:
“The Debtors have identified significant cryptocurrency cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that use cryptographic technologies to secure their operation. assets that they do not believe are owned by their estates, and as to which the Debtors do not believe they have justifiable causes of action under applicable law. Accordingly, the Debtors believe it is fair and appropriate to allow customers to withdraw those assets at this time.”
- Celsius to run out of money by October, court documents reveal, and other reports suggest more problems
- Giant Canadian pension fund reportedly losing $150 million due to Celsius
- Celsius reported $1.19 billion deficit in bankruptcy filing
Article by Angel Di Matteo / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash