Ethereum is a smart contract platform that enables developers to build tokens and decentralized applications (dapps). ETH is the native currency for the Ethereum platform and also works as the transaction fees to miners on the Ethereum network. Ethereum is the pioneer for blockchain based smart contracts.
The development team of Ethereum a decentralized open-source blockchain with smart contracts functionality. clarifies that the measure is due to the difficulty a measure of how hard it is to validate a new block on a blockchain. associated with the implementation and maintenance of nodes. The networks will be closed Ropsten, Kiln y Rinkeby, and only the following will remain active Goerli y Sepolia.
- Developers of Ethereum test nets will be closed Ropsten, Kiln y Rinkeby
- Only the following will remain operational Goerli y Sepolia, por lo que desarrolladores deberán migrar sus proyectos.
- The closure of the networks will be progressive and will begin once the The Merge llegue a mainnet.
The core development team of Ethereum announced that they will proceed to close refers to the closing price; similar to the same term used in stock trading. down test networks Ropsten, Kiln y Rinkeby once it takes placeThe Merge in the main network.
Developers of Ethereum several test networks will be closed
This was indicated by the development team of Ethereum in a publication of its official blog, in which they indicate that the measure will only leave active two currently existing test networks, Goerli y Sepolia, These are the ecosystems where developers will be able to carry out their projects before launching them on the mainnet.
Let’s keep in mind that a test network is basically a clone of the Blockchain a distributed ledger system. A sequence of blocks, or units of digital information, stored consecutively in a public database. The basis for cryptocurrencies. The main one, which is intended to serve purely experimental purposes. In the case of Ethereum, There are currently several such networks for developers to test their applications and detect possible bugs, which they can do without incurring major costs.
But once projects are launched on the mainnet, test networks lose their purpose as they are no longer needed. Therefore, with so many of these ecosystems active today, the team at Etheruem considered shutting down several of these test environments and leaving only a few operational:
“Because test networks are full-featured blockchains, their history and state grow over time. This eventually makes it harder to run nodes and maintain them. For this reason, some test networks are periodically cancelled. This happened last year with the Pyrmont Beacon Chain testnet an alternative blockchain used by developers for testing. and, more recently, with the Kovan execution layer testnet.”
Timeline for network a network refers to all nodes in the operation of a blockchain at any given moment in time. closures
Although there is still some time before the arrival ofThe Merge to the main network, the development team has already presented an estimated timeline for the closure of the aforementioned test networks, which will be as follows:
- The Kiln test network, which was launched earlier this year to test aspects associated withThe Merge, will be the first to be shut down once the main grid is transitioned. The team cautions stakeholders not to use this environment for long-term testing.
- Regarding Ropsten, the network on which it was runThe Merge at the beginning of this month, will be closed for the last quarter of this year.
- Finally, the test network Rinkeby will be replaced by Sepolia, and the changes it will bring will not take effect here.The Merge. Therefore, this space will see its closure between the second and third quarter of 2023, so developers are advised to migrate to Sepolia o a Goerli.
The Merge will arrive on mainnet an independent blockchain running its own network with its own technology and protocol. this year
The announcement of the closure of the test networks comes amidst expectations about the arrival of The Merge to the main network of Ethereum, which is expected to happen sometime in September of this year, according to some analysts.
Let us keep in mind thatThe Merge will be the point at which it will make effective the change change — a concept relevant to cryptocurrencies that use the UTXO model — is the number of coins sent back to a user after they use their unspent outputs to initiate a transaction. of Proof-of-Work poW is a type of consensus algorithm that rewards validators according to the amount of computational power they have expended. (PoW) a Proof-of-Stake poS is a type of consensus algorithm that rewards validators according to the amount of crypto they have staked. (PoS), which involves employing a consensus consensus is achieved when all participants of the network agree on the order and content of the blocks in the blockchain. algorithm a process or set of rules to be followed in problem-solving or calculation operations, usually by a computer. based on the staking participation in a proof-of-stake (PoS) system to put your tokens in to serve as a validator to the blockchain and receive rewards. of funds to choose validators instead of the traditional use of graphics cards to generate HASH.
Este cambio traería mejoras importantes para la red de Ethereum, These include a significant reduction in power consumption generated by the network, faster block a file containing information on transactions completed during a given time period. Blocks are the constituent parts of a blockchain. processing speeds and a reduction in transaction fee margins.
- IOHK launches sidechains for Cardano, the first will allow to run projects originally written for Ethereum
- Ethereum completa un hito: The Merge se activa con éxito en la red de pruebas Ropsten
- Goldman Sachs Bank Executes First Ethereum-Linked Derivatives Transaction
Version by Angel Di Matteo / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash