In addition to the complaints about the scam a scheme that is designed to dupe people out of cash or crypto. on Omegapro, Those sanctioned are accused of promoting business offers typical of the stock market an area or arena, online or offline, in which commercial dealings are conducted. without the respective authorization. Authorities warn citizens to be very careful with this type of proposals.
- Superintendence of Finance sanctioned promoters of Omegapro
- The company is accused of alleged scam associated with trading and cryptocurrencies.
- This is not the first time that promoters have been sanctioned for Omegapro
- Authorities warn of dangers associated with such proposals
La Financial Superintendence of Colombia , organismo regulador que supervisa las actividades comerciales de ciertos rubros, sancionó esta semana a dos personas presuntamente involucradas con Omegapro, an alleged company that offers trading packages for cryptocurrencies in several countries, which has already been accused of fraud and pyramid scheme crimes.
Sanctioned promoters of Omegapro
The information was published by local media W Radio which indicates that the entity set fines of COP $30 million (USD $7,850 approx.) to the persons mentioned, this under the accusations of promoting and advertising for Omegapro among Colombian residents. It is worth noting that the Financial Superintendence qualifies the business offering as a securities market transaction, which does not have the respective authorizations.
About Omegapro, the company has gained many followers in several countries for a deceptive business offer that seems quite lucrative, as it markets trading packages ranging from USD $100 to USD $50,000, offering monthly returns between 4% – 10%, all this in addition to a referral program to derive additional profits.
Critics warn that these types of proposals are clear scams, and that cryptocurrency cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that use cryptographic technologies to secure their operation. activities are investments that have a certain degree of risk to promise safe returns. As for Omegapro, This promised users that they would recoup their investment within 16 months.
As such, they indicated that they did not advertise as such, but rather told of success stories associated with Omegapro. On the social networks of those sanctioned there was a lot of publicity associated with the company, including public invitations to a conference scheduled for August 24 in Argentina.
According to the Colombian media, the sanctioned have already some time advertising the company, and at the time the Superintendent notified them that they should cease such activities.
This is not the first time this has happened in Colombia
This would not be the first time that people in Colombia have been fined in association with Omegapro , since at the beginning of this month the Financial Superintendence also sanctioned another promoter of the company, which had to assume the payment of some COP $40 million (USD $9,100 approx.) as a sanction for offering the aforementioned investment packages.
Interestingly, this person was also notified by the Financial Superintendence about the advertisements to Omegapro in 2021, and also alluded that he simply shared success stories associated with the company, so he was acting as a “ coach or motivational leader ” en lugar de ser promotor de ventas.
Beyond Omegapro, la Financial Superintendence and other organizations have repeatedly issued warnings and alerts about alleged companies marketing investment packages in areas such as trading and forex. A recent case involved Generation Zoe a scam led by the self-styled “ontological coach”. Leonardo Cositorto, which had a strong presence in Argentina and expanded to other countries in the region.
As for the misleading offers, unfortunately many analysts say that in Colombia have a high incidence of scams of this type, so the call is to keep in mind the warning signs as every day many similar proposals arise under different names.
- Local media warns about Generación Zoe in Colombia: “Beware of this company accused of alleged scam”.
- Colombia: New DIAN director confirms plans to create digital digital technologies are these electronic tools that have the ability to generate, store or even process data. currency currency is a medium of exchange that defines value.
- Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil and Peru are in the top 20 countries with the highest percentage of crypto owners, according to the UN
- MinTIC Colombia publishes second version of the guide for Blockchain a distributed ledger system. A sequence of blocks, or units of digital information, stored consecutively in a public database. The basis for cryptocurrencies. adoption at the state level
Article by Angel Di Matteo / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash