With a wealth of over $60 billion, Changpeng Zhao has positioned himself as the wealthiest in the crypto world. Meet the other 18 crypto enthusiasts on the list.
There’s no shortage of wealth amid the troubled digital asset market, and for another year in a row, the crypto billionaires’ club grew again.
This week, Forbes published its famous list of the world’s billionaires and has released a stand-alone article in which he identifies the wealthiest personalities who have amassed their fortunes with cryptocurrencies. The list of the 19 wealthy includes the founders and entrepreneurs of today’s biggest cryptocurrency cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that use cryptographic technologies to secure their operation. exchanges and businesses.
The list also has seven new names, from personalities that were not included last year . The newcomers include the 30-something founders of OpenSea a popular market an area or arena, online or offline, in which commercial dealings are conducted. of tokens (NFTs), as well as some Web3 entrepreneurs. Meanwhile, the richest three are the leaders of the largest exchanges of cryptocurrencies.
The cryptomillionaires of Forbes 2022
1. Changpeng Zhao, CEO de Binance
The richest person in crypto is the founder and CEO of Binance Changpeng Zhao, also known by his nickname ‘CZ’. It is estimated that he owns about 70% of Binance the largest cryptocurrency trading platform a place to buy, sell and store cryptocurrency by trading volume, which generated more than $16 billion in revenue last year alone. The company’s U.S. division was recently valued at $4.5 billion after closing its first round of external funding. The company is now aiming to go public.
Zhao’s wealth soared meteorically since last year, rising from $1.9 billion to $65 billion. The figure makes him the 19th richest person in the world according to Forbes . In addition to the successful business, the 44-year-old businessman has investments in assets such as Bitcoin the biggest and most popular cryptocurrency in the world. It is a decentralized digital currency that enables users to make trustless peer-to-peer transactions. and BNB, the native token of Binance . Your company is also making a million-dollar investment in the parent company of Forbes .
2. Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO de FTX
At 30 years old, Bankman-Fried stands out as the youngest cryptocurrency billionaire on the list. With a net worth of USD $24 billion, he has amassed his fortune from leading two major companies in the sector: the exchange businesses that allow customers to trade cryptocurrencies for fiat money or other cryptocurrencies. FTX y Alameda Research . This year, FTX received a valuation of $32 billion after a funding round in which it raised $400 million.
He also has investments in multiple cryptocurrencies, including. Bitcoin , Solana y FTT the token a digital unit designed with utility in mind, providing access and use of a larger crypto economic system. native to his platform, of which he has an amount valued at over $7 billion. Fried considers himself an effective altruist with a very clear plan: maximize as much of his earnings as he can to donate his entire fortune.
3. Brian Armstrong, CEO de Coinbase is an American company that operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform.
The co-founder and CEO of Coinbase tiene varios años encabezando la lista de multimillonarios de criptomonedas de Forbes. With a net worth of USD $6.6 billion, Armstrong is a well-known figure in the crypto space and the leader of one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in the United States.
Your platform Coinbase successfully launched on the U.S. stock market in 2021, after reaching an impressive valuation of $100 billion. While the market capitalization has nearly halved since then, Armstrong’s 19% stake in the company is enough to make him the third wealthiest person in crypto space.
4. Gary Wang. With a net worth of USD 5.9 billion, is the co-founder and chief technology officer of FTX .
5. Chris Larsen. Co-founder and CEO ofRipple with a fortune of 4.3 billion US dollars.
6 y 7. Cameron Winklevoss y Tyler Winklevoss. Known for being Zuckerberg’s archenemies, the crypto-enthusiast duo run two major companies in the industry: Gemini and the NFT non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are cryptocurrencies that do not possess the property of fungibility. market, Nifty Gateway . They have a combined net worth of USD $8 billion.
8. Song Chi hyung. The founder of Korea’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, the Sur, Upbit which last year was valued at $17 billion. It maintains an estimated wealth of $3.7 billion.
9. Barry Silbert. El fundador del grupo de inversión Digital digital technologies are these electronic tools that have the ability to generate, store or even process data. Currency currency is a medium of exchange that defines value. Group owner of Grayscale y CoinDesk . It has a net worth of $3.2 billion.
10. Jed McCaleb. With a wealth of $2.5 billion, McCaleb is the co-founder of Ripple Labs who after stepping away from the project in 2013 launched a second successful cryptocurrency: Stellar .
11 y 12. Nikil Viswanathan y Joseph Lau. The co-founders of Alchemy a development platform specializing in Web3 applications, have an equity equity is the funds that would be returned to a company's shareholders if all of the company's assets were dissolved and all debts were paid off in the event of liquidation. of USD 2.4 billion, each.
13 y 14. Devin Finzer y Alex Atallah. Both are co-founders of the popular NFT marketplace, OpenSea who, in their early thirties, have already amassed a fortune of $2.2 billion. The recent success of the platform has brought them to the list of crypto rich 2022.
15. Fred Ehrsam. The co-founder of Coinbase that now directs Paradigm an investment firm focused on cryptocurrency and Web3 startups, has assets of just over $2 billion.
16. Kim Hyoung Nyon. With a wealth of US$1.9 billion, he is the co-founder of Upbit South Korea’s leading cryptocurrency exchange.
17. Michael Saylor. Defender of Bitcoin and CEO of MicroStrategy, an enterprise software company that currently holds over $6 billion in BTC. His net worth is valued at $1.6 billion.
18. Mateo Roszak. A reputable investor and long-time Bitcoin enthusiast. He has invested in several cryptocurrency startups, including Coinbase and Kraken, and has a net worth of $1.4 billion.
19. Tim Draper. A well-known venture capitalist who first bought Bitcoin in 2012 and has invested in renowned companies in the industry such as. Ledger a record of financial transactions that cannot be changed, only appended with new transactions. y Robinhood . He has an estimated fortune of USD$ 1.2 billion.
The history of CZ, the richest man in crypto
Changpeng Zhao, of Chinese-Canadian origin, is not only the largest crypto-billionaire of Forbes 2022 but one of the most successful businessmen in the world. With a wealth close refers to the closing price; similar to the same term used in stock trading. to that of the CEO of Meta (antes Facebook ), Mark Zuckerberg, who has a net worth of around USD $77 billion, Zhao amassed his fortune in a quarter of the time of the social media giant’s creator.
Launched in 2017, Binance has become the world’s leading cryptocurrency exchange in just five years, (That’s nearly six times the market capitalization of its closest competitor, Coinbase ) . By way of comparison, Facebook was launched in 2004, and it has taken almost 20 years to reach the worldwide success it has now.
The entrepreneur behind Binance has climbed in a short a trading technique in which a trader borrows an asset in order to sell it, with the expectation that the price will continue to decline. In the event that the price does decline, the short seller will then buy the asset at this lower price in order to return it to the lender of the asset, making the difference in profit. time among the group of billionaires in the world. According to data from Bloomberg, Zhao currently ha succeeded in overcoming some of the richest people, such as the founder of Dell Michael Dell, and each of Sam Walton’s three children, the heirs of the fortune of Walmart.
What’s it like to have a fortune on par with Zuckerberg’s?
However, despite his current wealth, Zhao’s life was long a situation where you buy a cryptocurrency with the expectation of selling it at a higher price for profit later. far from that of a wealthy crypto-celebrity, as many see him today. As a recent article in Fortune The developer went from having just enough for a plate of food to being a crypto titan in 40 years.
He grew up in a rural village in China before moving to Canada at the age of 12, where he earned money working at McDonald’s and refereeing volleyball games. Later, his passion for technology led him to study software development and work in capital capital is most commonly defined as the large sum of money you would use to invest. cities like Tokyo and New York, a path that would later lead him to create Binance .
“ I went from being an entrepreneur to someone telling me I have tens of billions.” Zhao said during the interview. Despite his fortune, the businessman doesn’t seem to stray too far from his humble roots. CZ, who is often seen wearing one-color T-shirts with his company’s logo, has even hinted that he cares little about what people say about his supposed status.
If they think I’m worth that much, that’s what they think. It is a fictitious price .
- Forbes 400: cryptocurrency enthusiasts invade the 2021 list of the richest people in the U.S.
- Bitcoin Billionaire Tim Draper’s 5 Rules for Investing Success
- Among the biggest crypto billionaires? Hacker claims 170,000 bitcoins fortune
Article by Hannah Estefania Perez / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash