For Garlinghouse, there is currently no difference for Ripple en si la SEC whether or not they win the case, but stressed that if they lose, they will choose to set up and offer their services in other countries.
The CEO of Ripple Labs, Brad Garlinghouse, assured that the company will leave the U.S. if the Securities and Exchange businesses that allow customers to trade cryptocurrencies for fiat money or other cryptocurrencies. Commission (SEC) wins its legal dispute against the company in court.
It would make no difference toRipple if you win or lose the case
This was confirmed by Garlinghouse during an interview for the media outlet Axios, in which he reiterated that the company will cease to operate in the U.S. if it loses the lawsuit against the SEC, which accuses the company of having issued and traded an unregistered security when it pre-sold the token. XRP between 2013 and 2015.
In this regard, Garlinghouse commented:
“It’s not like we can, we will… If you think about how the world is working right now, it’s like the case is lost, aside from a few other exceptions… so if we lose, if Ripple loses the case will it change change — a concept relevant to cryptocurrencies that use the UTXO model — is the number of coins sent back to a user after they use their unspent outputs to initiate a transaction. anything?”
For some analysts, the statements made by the CEO ofRipple are contradictory, since weeks ago he was very happy with the results achieved throughout the legal dispute, which in his opinion, brought the company very close refers to the closing price; similar to the same term used in stock trading. to winning the lawsuit against the SEC and set an important precedent for the industry as a whole.
But in relation to Garlinghouse’s stance, the medium Axios details that the possible scenarios forRipple in the US do not seem to be very encouraging:
- Si la empresa llega a ganar la demanda, esto impulsaría el crecimiento de su negocio e impulsaría a otras entidades desarrolladoras dentro del espacio cripto. Sin embargo, esto no es garantía de que el token a digital unit designed with utility in mind, providing access and use of a larger crypto economic system. XRP to be re-listed on platforms such as Coinbase.
- If they lose the lawsuit,Ripple would focus on working with headquarters in another country, something it has already been doing since it began the dispute with the SEC in 2020, for which it has already established offices in Canada.
SEC no maneja de forma justa las regulaciones
In addition to the aforementioned, Garlinghouse again detailed that the SEC would be handling the regulations in a contradictory way, using them to stigmatize cases on the one hand, but on the other hand benefiting companies with other interests.
In that sense, the CEO ofRipple again cited the case of Coinbase, entity which it allowed to publicly list its shares on the stock exchange, despite not being a duly licensed broker with U.S. regulators.
At the time Garlinghouse commented:
“The SEC now seems to take the position when they sued us that ‘XRP is a security the term securities refers to a fungible and tradable financial instrument that carries a type of monetary value. and always has been,’ but they approved Coinbase is an American company that operates a cryptocurrency exchange platform. going public even though… it’s not a registered broker-dealer. There are some contradictions here that the SEC almost doesn’t … know whether it’s the left hand or the right hand.”
“The SEC, instead of doing the hard work to define a new set of clear rules, a new set of clear regulations… instead they decide that we’re going to do regulation through enforcement, which is not efficient and I really think has stifled innovation in the U.S.”
- Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse says the SEC’s handling of cryptocurrency cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that use cryptographic technologies to secure their operation. regulations is contradictory
- Ripple is ready for the crypto winter and will continue to hire employees, Brad Garlinghouse says
- Ripple eyeing more acquisitions in the crypto space, says CEO Brad Garlinghouse
Version by Angel Di Matteo / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash