The Superintendency details that Flow solo está registrada como casa de cambio en Perú, por lo que solo aplica para la compra / venta de monedas extranjeras, actividad que no incluye la comercialización de criptomonedas.
La Superintendence of Banking, Insurance and AFP (SBS) , autoridad reguladora en Perú, publicó un comunicado en el que aclara que Fluyez Digital digital technologies are these electronic tools that have the ability to generate, store or even process data. Investments SAC is only authorized to operate as an exchange house in the country, so it cannot qualify as a cryptobank or trade cryptocurrencies locally.
The communiqué of the SBS
This was indicated by the SBS in the communiqué published in the afternoon hours of this February 22, where he clarifies the aforementioned information to the residents of the country, especially in light of the announcement made by the team of Flow in various media.
In this regard, the SBS makes the following clarifications:
- Fluyez Digital Investments SAC is registered in the Register of Companies and Persons que efectúan Financial Transactions or Currency currency is a medium of exchange that defines value. Exchange businesses that allow customers to trade cryptocurrencies for fiat money or other cryptocurrencies. Operations of the SBS as an exchange house, according to SBS Resolution N° 02568-2021, issued on September 2, 2021.
- Se entiende por casa de cambio a una empresa dedicada a la compra y venta de foreign currency , activity that does not include cryptocurrency cryptocurrencies are digital currencies that use cryptographic technologies to secure their operation. trading.
- Registration in the Registry of Companies and Persons who carry out Financial or Currency Exchange Transactions NO assumes that the SBS has granted you a “authorization” o “license”, so they may not use such terms in their advertising.
- Fluyez Digital Investments SAC NO has an authorisation from the SBS to operate as a bank . Therefore, by using the term “bank” or similar, this company is in violation of Article 11, paragraph 4, of the General Law of the Financial System and the Insurance System and Organic Law of the Superintendence of Banking and Insurance. (Law No. 26702).
- Al NO The company is not authorized to operate as a bank and may not promote the collection of savings from the public. Nor can it use the logo or the name of the SBS to promote their activities, since these constitute intellectual property of the supervisor and regulator of the financial system.
Inconsistency on the part of Flow
The clarification by the SBS comes to place because of the statements made by Luis Berrospi, founding partner ofFluyez, who shared information about the company, as well as the products and services they will offer to customers in Peru.
In this regard, Berrospi commented the following in an interview with the media El Comercio:
“Fluyez is a digital ecosystem based on cryptocurrencies that offers new products and services to all its users. The goal we have is to be a new and better option a contract giving the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an underlying asset or instrument at a specified strike price. to the traditional banking system”.
It is worth noting that on the official website of Flow, the entity indicates that it offers the following services:
- Wallet a place where cryptocurrency users can store, send and receive digital assets. : a virtual wallet for the custody custody is a financial institution's legal capacity to keep and preserve financial assets for its clients to avoid asset theft or loss. of cryptocurrencies.
- Rewards: Fluyez offers a remuneration to users who ‘staking’ their digital assets from its platform, so that they can earn profits by saving in cryptocurrencies.
- Loans This option will be available in the coming months and is also related to the quality of Fluyez as a cryptobank. On the platform a place to buy, sell and store cryptocurrency it will be possible to apply for a loan leaving as collateral collateral is any asset that a lender accepts as a form of security to ensure that the borrower repays a loan. the crypto savings.
In relation to this last point and to the announcements made by Flow, la SBS indicated that “is conducting additional investigations and reserves the right to initiate legal action against persons responsible for violations of the regulations governing the financial system”.
- Peru’s Superintendence approves the country’s first cryptobank
- Peru’s central bank president says “if people buy cryptocurrencies, it’s their risk” (with video)
- Parliamentarian submits bill to Peruvian Congress to regulate cryptocurrencies
Version by Angel Di Matteo / DiarioBitcoin
Imagen de Unsplash